Saturday, November 28, 2009

A tragedy.

A man has died from exposure after being trapped upside down in a Utah cave. Rescuers have decided to seal the cave with the body still trapped, so as to not put anybody else at risk. Back in the day, I loved crawling around in little wild Arkansas caves. I remember being on my stomach in a wide passageway that narrowed down, top to bottom, so that my boots had to be splayed out like a duck instead of the soles vertical. That's a good time to turn around.

Another time, my redneck rope ladder broke and dropped me and a friend into a pit cave, requiring us to be lifted out by park rangers. That got our picture on the Harrison newspaper front page. I heard our "equipment" was shown to some Harrison area school kids as a perfect example of what not to do. I'm always glad to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment