Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One year anniversary

Sunday, Oct 18, is the one year anniversary of the worse day of my life. A kid in a green pickup turned in front of my wife and I on our motorcycle. I honestly don't know how or why he did it. It was like watching a movie in slow motion...with no sound...no pain...no memory of being in the air or landing in the street. I remember the ambulance ride. I pray for the people inside every ambulance when I see the lights or hear the sirens. There is some serious pain going on inside those things.

I'm very thankful to be alive...to be walking...to be working.

I haven't been able to man-up, as they say, and get back on one. Maybe I should celebrate the day by taking a short ride on somebodys motorcycle. It would make a good story.

2 comments:

  1. GET BACK ON THAT HORSE! Tommy is wanting to sell his 2008 Yamaha - 1300.

    Heck, I 'might' even consider letting you take mine around the block. I wonder how much it would cost for temporary training wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what everyone says....but I would need those training wheels.

    ReplyDelete